3 Ham Sandwich Recipes You Must Try
Have you got a hankering for RJ's Meats ham sandwiches? Then check out these 3 ham sandwich recipes we love!
1. Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich
This recipe is made by taking the time to grill up some buttery, crispy-on-the-outside cheesy sandwiches that have been stuffed with sliced ham steak.
• 1 package sandwich bread (such as Pepperidge Farm)
• 3 tablespoons of butter, at room temperature
• 8 slices ham steak
• 8 slices of American cheese
Directions: Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread. Place 4 slices buttered-side down on a work surface; layer with 2 ham slices and 2 cheese slices. Top with the remaining 4 bread slices, buttered side up.
Working carefully so you don't tear the bread, place each sandwich in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Weight the sandwiches down with a heavy pan or lid. Cook for 6 minutes, pressing gently on the top of the sandwich with a spatula to help it sear.
Turn the sandwiches, weight down again, and cook until they are golden brown on the second side, about 6 minutes longer. Cut each sandwich in half diagonally with a serrated knife before serving hot.
2. Club Sandwich Recipe with Ham, Bacon and Swiss Cheese
This is the classic club sandwich recipe that includes multiple types of meat: ham, bacon and swiss cheese. You can even add avocado if you want to go all out! This sandwich consists of three layers: bottom, filling and top. The bottom layer is made up of bread, the filling layer is a combination of chicken, bacon and swiss cheese and lastly, you have your top layer made up of ham.
• 1 (12-inch) loaf Italian bread, cut horizontally in half
• 12 ounces thinly sliced cooked ham
• 4 ounces thinly sliced Swiss cheese (about 8 slices; I like Land O'Lakes brand)
• 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Reverse each half of the Italian bread so the cut sides are facing away from you and place it back on top of loaf, buttered-side up. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on bottom layer and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on top layer. Layer with chicken, bacon, Swiss cheese, ham and remaining ingredients in this order: bread, mayonnaise, ham, Swiss cheese, bacon and top layer of bread.
3. Croque Madame Sandwich Recipe with Ham
This is an open faced sandwich with a fried egg on top! It's normally served as a main dish for lunch or dinner, but many breakfast cafes also serve it so you can have it any time of the day. It's made by taking slices of bread and buttering both sides before frying it until golden brown, then adding ham, swiss cheese, béchamel sauce and finally crowning it with a fried egg.
• 8 (1/2-inch thick) diagonal slices French or Italian bread (such as Arnold)
• 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, softened
• 6 ounces thinly sliced boiled ham
• 2 cups coarsely grated Swiss or Gruyere cheese (about 8 ounces; I like Sargento Artisan Blends shredded Swiss-Style Cheese)
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 cups whole milk, heated
Directions: For sauce: Melt butter in a heavy medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour with a wooden spoon. Cook until mixture bubbles and is smooth, about 1 minute. Gradually add milk in a thin stream, whisking constantly. Bring to a gentle boil and cook until very thick, about 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat and set aside.
In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add four of the bread slices and top each with ham, béchamel sauce, cheese and the remaining bread slices. Cook until bread is golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer to plates if desired. If you have extra béchamel sauce at this point, serve it with sandwiches or save for later use.
And there you have it! 3 DIE-FOR ham sandwich recipes. Be sure to order your ham and stock up this month of October by ordering here.